I’m not sure how many of you read the blog what if? but for anyone working with fiber or simply looking for some unique quilting ideas this is the place. I find it so inspiring. Jude is currently challenging readers to rediscover crazy quilting, updating, repurposing, reinventing… I’ve tried crazy quilting in the past but it wasn’t for me so I thought this was a good challenge.
By reading the basic instructions (from a book I found at a thrift store) I decided:
- what if I started in the corner like you are "supposed" to, but
- what if I just layered the squares of fabric that I would use and
- what if I pinned them together, flipped them over and started cutting
- what if I cut out circles to make it more organic rather than using "typical" straight edges and
- what if instead of using embellishments to hide the raw edges like you are "supposed" to I used embellishments to hi-light the raw edges?