My daughter Rozii and I were at the art supply shop yesterday and while waiting for them to wrap my paper she noticed little packets of blank artist trading cards (ATCs). We chatted about them (she collects Pokemon cards so knew the basic concept) and I let her buy a packet.
We decided that it would be fun to have an artist trading card swap this summer, for adults and kids.
This will be a 6 for 5 swap. Send us 6 cards and you will get 5 in return. The sixth will be put in an album for Miss Rozii to show her friends. In exchange, I’ll pay the post charges for the return envelope and Rozii and I will include a little gift for each participant.
The theme is:
Creatures – Real or Imagined
Here are the swap details:
- Deadline for us to receive your cards is Saturday, August 14th.
- Send 6 artist trading cards, you will receive 5 in return.
- The cards may be the same, similar or totally different, it’s up to you but should follow the them of Creatures – Real or Imagined.
- Standard size of 2 1/2 by 3 1/2
- The swap is open to kids (all ages) and adults.
- International swappers are welcome, but please make sure that your cards will arrive by August 14th.
- On the back of each card include your name, the title of the card, and where you live (City and State or Province only).
- With your cards, please include a return address and contact email (adults and parents only).
Basically, I’d like the kids to be able to see where the cards are coming from but I don’t want you to feel weird about sending me your kids’ contact information. If you want your kids to get cards back in the mail, addressed to them, let me know. If you want me to send the cards through you, that’s cool.
I won’t be dividing kid cards into kid piles or adult cards into adult piles. Everyone will get a mix of each.
More information about ATCs:
Here’s a great link with lots of good information about artist trading cards.
Want to Participate?
Email me at d _ rogal at hotmail dot com and I’ll send you my mailing address!