I always make New Year’s Resolutions. Yup. Every year. I never keep them and it never really bothers me. This year I’m trying to keep them manageable by making a resolution for something I want to do anyway. So here they are:
- I’d like to learn more about using watercolors. I love how they look when I add them to my prints, and I’d like to do more pen sketches with added watercolor. I was also pretty impressed how they work with encaustics as the wax acts as a resist (remember doing this with crayons when you were little – or last year in my case). This book has 30 projects in it; I am going to work my way through them and see what happens.
- My name is Dawn and I’m an addict. A craft book addict. I’m going to buy fewer craft books this year. I’m actually going to try to buy just one a month. I’ve already got this one pre-ordered, so I guess that’s January. Of course, I’m saying this and thinking to myself, do Japanese craft books count? Is it one book per craft? Oh yeah, I can see this going downhill quickly.
- I am going to reopen my little etsy shop and try to keep it current and interesting. I’ll let you know when that happens, but let my just say one word… robots.
- I am going to learn how to add lights, motion and possibly sound, to my plush art. No kidding. I’m a bit obsessed about this right now.
- In order to accomplish the above resolutions I am going to succumb to my husband’s no-longer-gentle suggestion and hire a cleaning service to come in once a month. Have I mentioned I don’t do housework?
So what do you think? Do-able?